Numbing Cream Instructions - preferred numbing cream:
1. Wash the area you will be applying the cream to. Dry area completely.
2. Apply a thick amount of UltraNumb® or DeepNumb® cream (5% lidocaine) to the area, and rub in thoroughly.
3. After rubbing into the skin, apply a 2nd heavy layer of cream (or 3-5 mm thick) over the area.
4. Put on Cooch-eez® silicone panty to keep the cream sealed against your skin.
5. Leave cream and panty in place for up to, but no longer than 2 hours before procedure (bikini wax or laser hair removal). Do not apply this cream to more than one area of the body – it can lead to
6. Skin typically remains numb for 1 - 4 hours once cream is removed from numbed skin depending
on skin type and location on body.
TIPS FOR YOUR BEST WAX
Exfoliate gently 1 - 2 days ahead of time, not the day of the wax .
Try to avoid waxing the week before your period--period! It is more painful.
Stay well hydrated before your wax.
Wear loose-fitting clothing to your waxing appointment to avoid chafing and irritation.
If you have purchased Cooch-eez silicone panty, be sure to wear it with numbing cream at least 2 hours in advance the first time you use it to be sure your numbing cream has kicked in and you are ready to go! Once numb, wipe off all the cream to avoid it absorbing into the bloodstream.
UltraNumb is a strongly preferred favorite cream because it is thick, penetrates the skin well, and won't interfere with waxing because it is water-based.
Avoid working out and intercourse the same day as your wax--it will cause irritation.
Discuss with your physician whether it is safe to take a Motrin-type over-the-counter medication 1 hour before your wax (it is not recommended for people with certain stomach and kidney conditions, or who take blood thinners).